Golf Guidelines for Safe Play During COVID-19
pdated as of 7/17/20
Non-Essential Business FAQ Update from Mass.gov
Private operators of courses may permit access to the property so long as there are no gatherings of any kind, appropriate social distancing of six feet between individuals is strictly followed, and the business operator and golfers abide by the specific guidelines for golf courses.
Municipalities may decide to open municipal courses under these guidelines,
- All staff must wear face coverings while on property.
- Face coverings must be worn at all course facilities including the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, bag room and locker room.
- Push carts may be used and disinfected after each use.
- All golfers must maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Groups of players are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time.
- Maintenance personnel are permitted to work on the golf course.
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs. Sharing golf clubs or rental golf clubs is not allowed.
- Flagsticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised so picking a ball out of the hole doesn’t occur.
- Bunker rakes must be removed, and ball washers must be removed or covered.
- Golf carts may be used by single riders unless both players are from the same household.